Detroit Metro Area,
Post Date: 07/07/2017
Job ID: JN -072017-3465
Our direct client in the Metro-Detroit area is looking to add an Application Support Engineer on 6 month contract to hire opportunity. The Application Support Engineer will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, & supporting client facing applications as well internal enterprise systems.
- Provide 24/7 on-shift support on rotating schedule including specific designated systems.
- Study software documentation to understand our applications business and technical alignment for providing maximum support.
- Analyze statistics and Incidents to develop and execute availability improvement plans.
- Work with peers and vendors to design technical solutions to complex application issues.
- Focus on driving packaged automation scripts to Level I support and reducing manual work involved in Level II.
- Focus on service restoration and reducing Mean Time To Restoration (MTTR).
- Maintain space requirements on servers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 Years of total IT experience.
- Must have Java and middleware support experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux administration.
- Working knowledge of Perl and/or Shell Scripting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you. Vivo We Get People!