Detroit Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -102020-4518
Our client a fast-growing Detroit startup has an immediate need for a cloud infrastructure development contractor to help build out its Dev and QA environment. This role is 100% remote. Possibility to convert to full-time, if desired.
- Convert current Infrastructure to Infrastructure as a code (IaC) using terraform and Kubernetes
- Create, deploy and fully manage infrastructure as code
- Analyze stakeholder requirements and convert into secure cloud solutions
- Create and maintain detailed documentation on Cloud design and library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Define and maintain DevOps pipeline architecture and tooling requirements
- Collaborate with senior leadership on creating the visionary direction and roadmap for Infrastructure-as-a-Service and gains adoption throughout the enterprise
- Set and drive the implementation of standards, advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
- Act as expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
- Participate in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Communicates and validates cloud architecture with the infrastructure team, project management team, and technology services management team.
- 5+ years successfully designing and implementing successful public cloud solutions (AWS preferred)
- 10+ years in working with Compute, Storage, Network Security, Infrastructure and Data Center technologies
- BA/BA degree
- Ability to configure, deploy and maintain Cloud Infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Terraform and Kubernetes preferred
- Experience working with a small team, working independently but in a highly collaborative environment
- Familiar with architectural frameworks/methodologies
- Proven work experience as a Cloud Architect or similar role
- Experience with web and cloud technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Proven technical aptitude with Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Great understand of various interactions between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software
- Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
- Deep understanding of NAS, SAN storage, backups, storage technologies
- Deep understanding of TCP, IP, DNS, DHCP and other network protocols and services
- Knowledge of managing a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!