San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -082023-4817
Our client, a global cyber security organization, has an immediate need for a Data Center Engineer. This is a position for 6 months to 1 year, and the successful candidate will be expected to be onsite, 5 days/week at the office or data center location for the duration of the contract.
- Rack and cable a large inventory of servers, switches, and power distribution units in production environment.
- Perform initial configuration and provision for deployment: servers, network gear and various infrastructure related equipment.
- Perform stringent hardware qualification testing on new hardware configurations and approve them for production deployment.
- Monitor scripts as needed
- Troubleshoot and remedy hardware issues for servers and networking equipment
- Manage RMA processes with various vendors for hardware warranty returns.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory list of all hardware equipment between all data centers.
- Implement and follow best-practice methodology for maintaining a datacenter environment.
- Track datacenter related issues and tasks via our ticketing system.
- Work with other teams to maintain and work on hardware in the data center
- Establishes systems by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Manage service requests and change requests through our internal ticketing system
Nice to have
- Understanding of and experience with networking and cabling
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems
- Advanced understanding of and experience with computer hardware components.
- Experience designing data center layouts and computing environments
- Ability to work with vendors/other third parties by phone or in person to resolve issues quickly
- Basic Knowledge of or experience with power systems and circuits.
- Strong communication skills, be a highly motivated self-learner who takes direction well
- 5+ years of experience in supporting enterprise servers, OS, and data center environments
- Experience managing hardware such as Dell, HP, Cisco UCS, SuperMicro appliances
- 4+ years experience managing data center infrastructure, PDUs, terminal console switches, and KVM over IP
- Experience installing and managing Linux systems (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience with DCIM or asset management tools
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Proven ability to take a given task and work independently and as part of a team to bring the task to completion.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot methodologies and solve issues to meeting deadlines
- Some scripting ability in Shell (python a plus)
- Kubernetes a plus
Expected hourly pay range
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!