Detroit Metro Area,
Post Date: 04/24/2017
Job ID: JN -042017-3414
Our exciting, fast growing client is in need of a Java Developer for a 6 month contract position at its Ann Arbor, MI office. The Java Developer will perform complex software design tasks and work independently on the design, installation and maintenance of complex systems/projects for an enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiative inclusive of front-end Marketing applications, back-end technology systems, and Enterprise Data/Information management systems.
- This position is a backend role, so the ideal candidate will need to be able to collaborate with front-end and database development teams.
- Performs server side development of moderate to high technical complexity which requires research and analysis.
- Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
- Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement, and maintain application software
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of experience with Server side development (Client Side exposure is preferred).
- 5 years of experience with Java 5+ (Java 8 is preferred).
- Must have experience with Object Oriented Analysis & Design, J2EE Design and Development, Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Solid understanding of Spring Framework and Hibernate.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Java Messaging Service (JMS) (RabbitMQ Implementation preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of PostgreSQL with NoSQL extensions.
- Previous experience developing online brokerage and trading platforms would be a huge plus.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.