Baltimore Metro Area,
Post Date: 06/02/2017
Job ID: JN -062017-3444
Our exciting, fast growing client is in need of a Jr. Project Manager for a 6+ month contract position in its Columbia, MD office. The Jr. Project Manager will be responsible for assisting Workstream Leads and Workstream Owners. They will provide assistance for all workstream related activities and have accountability for the delivery of a workstream deliverables.
- Interface with business owners to understand their needs and secure appropriate project buy-in/sign-off.
- Ensure that projects are phased into the appropriate development cycle.
- Ensure project team follows established guidelines set forth by the Program Director and Office of Integration Management.
- Coordinate efforts to fix issues and get back on target.
- Identify and document lessons learned.
- Track progress and participate as necessary in testing.
- Ensure alignment of the deliverables and tasks to the entire program and ensure consistency and coordinated delivery of tasks.
- BS in Business Management or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years in project management.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong PowerPoint experience.
- Experience with managing risks, action items, issues and decisions.
- Knowledge of project management life cycle.
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the brokerage industry, financial and capital markets.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Proven abilities in change management and leading large groups.
- Ability to interface with Senior Executives and to act on issues and requests in a timely manner.
- A PMP Certification is preferred but not required.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.