San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -082023-4814
Our client in the driving vehicle space is looking for Linux Administrator to join their IT Endpoint Engineering team. This person will be responsible for managing the physical and virtual endpoints at scale to ensure employees have productive, secure, and reliable Linux desktop machines. In this role, you will play a key part in developing and implementing a new, secure management system that supports up to 2,000 Linux desktops.
- Perform Linux installations, configurations, upgrades, and ongoing maintenance on bare metal hardware and virtual environments.
- Install software releases, patches for the operating system, utilities, third-party products, and open-source software.
- Manage the SaltStack infrastructure to distribute and enforce standard configurations.
- Handle system administration tasks across thousands of Linux hosts.
- Contribute to Incident, Problem, and Change Management processes.
- Understand and anticipate business needs, addressing issues reported by customers.
- Provide user support and resolution for technical problems.
- Take accountability for your work and its impact.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in managing large-scale Linux Desktop deployments in production environments.
- Strong hands-on experience in Linux Systems Administration, specifically Ubuntu / Debian.
- Demonstrated expertise in day-to-day Linux operating system installation, migration, and break-fix support.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in distributing and enforcing standard configurations using tools such as SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Hands-on experience in building Shell scripts for systems automation and monitoring.
- Experience using Change/Incident Management tools (Jira).
- Familiarity with distributed compute and storage systems, high-performance computing systems, and networking.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and Linux environments.
- Excellent team player with strong organizational and communication skills.
Expected hourly pay range
$50 - $68
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!