Detroit Metro Area,
Post Date: 07/27/2017
Job ID: JN -072017-3478
Our exciting, fast growing client is in need of a Quality Assurance Engineer for a 6 month contract in its Ann Arbor, MI office. This individual will work closely with developers, business analyst and product owners. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to work closely with the internal QA automation team and to ensure superior testing of development code prior to release to production. The focus of the QA Engineer will be to ensure all changes to our applications are tested adequately.
- Create test plans and participate in peer reviews.
- Develop test data, perform test data analysis and prepare reports of test results.
- Participate in the creation of acceptance criteria for all tasks.
- Participate in agile ceremonies.
- Create and execute test cases according to standards manual and automated.
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur.
- Implement automated tests using approved testing and automation tools.
- Help to educate developers on testing methodologies and framework.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3 years of software testing experience.
- Experienced working with release procedures, test methodologies, QA process and software defect tracking; demonstrated expert level on implementing test methodologies and tools (Selenium, Junit, Java, JIRA, Quality Center) to write automatic test script and test cases for software products.
- Must have some programming experience using Java or other OO Language (C#, Object C)
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience with Windows, LINUX and UNIX is required.
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.