San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -082023-4816
Our client, in the autonomous driving vehicle space, is looking for a Security Program Manager that will be responsible for supporting the Information Security Engineering team and its projects. This role requires a strong technical background and involves collaborating with various departments, including infosec governance, product security, platform engineering, desktop engineering, networking, security, machine learning software teams, facilities, and vehicle engineering. The InfoSec Engineering team's focus is on developing security platform services that are fundamental to the organization. Projects include Identity Access Management (IAM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), vulnerability management, network security, and delivering new enterprise security applications. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with the expectations of 3 days onsite at their Foster City location.
- Translate corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product roadmaps, timelines, presentation decks, and deliverables in collaboration with department leaders.
- Define and track resource requirements (headcount and budget) in coordination with cross-functional leaders and finance.
- Ensure clear communication with the IT team about their deliverables at all times.
- Establish and manage processes, including sprint planning sessions, daily standups, and retrospectives, providing clear meeting minutes and action items.
- Create standard reports to communicate program requirements, status, issues/risks, and achievements to key stakeholders.
- Identify and proactively address problems and risks within the engineering teams.
- Facilitate key decisions by collaborating with engineering, finance, and strategy teams.
- Produce necessary documentation, such as requirements, business process flow diagrams, project charters, SLAs, and basic architecture diagrams.
Nice to have
- Technical expertise in Information Security and experience with security frameworks like NIST 800-53 or ISO 27001.
- Familiarity with risk-based approaches for information security project and program planning/execution.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting.
- Experience managing Information Security Programs and projects using Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, or Kanban methodologies, with a good understanding of when to apply each.
- Proficiency in Jira and Confluence.
- CISSP certification or equivalent expertise.
- Proven track record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficiency in tools like Gantt charts to manage complex projects.
- Strong references demonstrating the ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments.
- Ability to maintain a big-picture perspective and deliver clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each audience's needs.
Expected hourly pay range
$75 - $80
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!