San Jose Metro Area,
Post Date: 08/02/2017
Job ID: JN -082017-3480
Vivo s fast growing Silicon Valley Client is in need of a Site Reliability Engineer.
As a Principal Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the stability of the company's EV. Cloud SaaS offering in a Hybrid Cloud environment, while supporting rapid scalability, automation, and deployment. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Product Operations, this role will feature close collaboration with Operations and Deployment teams, Engineering and Product scrum teams, and Customer Service.
- Responsible for maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs
- Responsible for establishing end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical aspects to ensure SLAs and get proactive notifications of possible issues for all systems
- Participate in data center and cloud strategy, design, troubleshooting, and operations
- Development of an automation program for MS server virtualization and builds
- Creation of playbooks to run when responding to alerts or incidents
- Initiate and lead scripting and automation to streamline system updates and upgrades
- Work with product operations team to resolve trouble tickets, developing and running scripts, and troubleshooting services in a hosted environment
- Works well independently and requires little or no supervision
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent practical knowledge managing at least 200 servers
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2016 and SQL 2008-2016 required
- Strong experience with storage solutions (SAN/NAS)
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments; VM management and provisioning;
- Expertise in Terraform, Puppet or similar automation technologies
- Understanding of security concepts and patching automation
- Experience with Application Monitoring
- Demonstrated technical experience in 2 or more of the following areas
- LAN/WAN networking, load balancing, and firewalls
- NAS/SAN concepts and administration
- SQL database administration
- Advanced knowledge of web services
- Writing and developing scripts
- Working experience with deployment automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet)
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytics skills
- Familiar or certified with ITIL
- Experience in Azure and AWS Cloud Service a plus
- ITIL: 5 years
- SQL 2008-2016: 4 years
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure): 4 years
- Puppet/Automation: 4 years
- Windows Server 2008-2016: 4 years
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun, and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We get people!