San Jose Metro Area,
Post Date: 07/05/2017
Job ID: JN -072017-3463
Our client, a global technology company, has an immediate need for a Solutions Engineer.
The Solution Engineer is a key member of the Network and Infrastructure Services IT Department. The primary focus is driving the real estate project by developing detailed solution designs, including configuration and integration requirements.
- In collaboration with the Solution Architects from the various service area, develop detailed solution designs, including configuration and integration requirements for network, compute, and storage elements
- Review and obtaining approval of design documentation with the Program Management Office (PMO) and Service Owner team representatives who will implement the design
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to ensure that requirements gathered provide sufficient information to complete detailed design
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to understand the needs and objectives of business units that solution designs must enable
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects to understand IT technology strategy that solution designs must comply with
- Understanding of Network Technologies including Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancers
- Understanding of Storage Technologies including SAN, NAS, tiered storage architectures and NetApp/HDS product offerings
- Experience creating professional level technical documentation using MS Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to operate and contribute to SharePoint sites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration, communication, relationship building, and negotiation
- Strong presentation, written & verbal communication, and facilitation skills
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of designing, building and supporting large IT enterprise environments
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- ITIL V3 Certifications preferred
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!