Detroit Metro Area,
Post Date: 07/17/2017
Job ID: JN -072017-3471
Our direct client in the Metro-Detroit area is looking to add a Technical Writer on 6 month contract to permanent opportunity. The Technical Writer will be responsible for developing efficient, concise, and technically accurate owner information, Quick Reference Guides & mobile app content for their global customer base, meeting stringent deadlines.
- Research OEM design and release documents, product development documents, plant installation drawings, parts detail drawings, technical service bulletins, CAD data, and hands-on procedures on prototype vehicles.
- Attend Engineering meetings, as needed, to obtain new or changed model year program features.
- Document open issues and follow through on resolution and inclusion.
- Use Content Development Procedures, Work Instructions, Training and Records according to the corporate quality system.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of Technical Writing experience.
- Must have automotive industry experience.
- Advanced knowledge of authoring tools - Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with SGML/XML is required.
- DITA and InDesign would be a huge plus but is not required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.