San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -082023-4819
Our client, a cutting-edge autonomous vehicle company, is looking for a technical writer to join their team. This person will be migrating documents to the client s new Document Management System, ensuring accurate data input for material deviation, and contributing to document creation, change control, and Quality System projects. This role will require some commute between the Foster City and Fremont office. This is a contract opportunity with a hybrid schedule of 3 days a week onsite.
- Identify and migrate documents to the new document management system.
- Review and enhance existing documents for clarity, consistency, and adherence to standards.
- Develop templates and best practices for future documentation.
- Assist the document control team in structuring the new system.
- Train users on the new document management system and processes.
- Create and edit content using Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and other tools.
- Ensure documentation complies with Quality System Policies.
- Provide administrative support for documentation-related projects.
- Support deviation submission by reviewing and processing data.
Expected hourly pay range
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical or communication field.
- Minimum 5 years of technical writing experience (EV/Automobile industry a plus).
- Familiarity with regulated Quality Systems (ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949:2016).
- Proficiency in document management and editing tools.
- Experience with authoring and drawing tools, such as Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Tools, Confluence, 3DX-Enovia, Polarion, and Dozuki.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and clarify technical concepts.
- Understanding of technical writing best practices and Good Documentation Practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and adaptable to new technologies.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!