San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -082023-4813
Our client in the driving vehicle space is looking for Windows Desktop Engineer. This person would be a member of the IT Endpoint Engineering team, you'll play a crucial role in ensuring high-quality user support by equipping the team with effective tooling and analytics. This multifaceted position involves everything from hardware recommendations to deploying software company-wide. You'll also be at the forefront of enabling Client Services to support users as they embrace new technologies and applications. This is 6 month contract, hybrid opportunity with the expectation to be onsite in Forster City, CA for a minimum 3 days a week.
- Conduct Windows installation, configurations, upgrades, and ongoing maintenance activities on desktops, laptops, and virtual machines.
- Manage Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune to distribute and enforce standard policies, configurations, and applications.
- Perform desktop administration tasks across thousands of Windows machines.
- Contribute to Incident and Problem Management processes.
- Understand and anticipate business needs, addressing issues reported by customers.
- Provide user support and resolution for technical problems.
- Take accountability for your work and its impact.
- Extensive hands-on experience in Windows (10/11) administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing large-scale Windows Desktop deployments in production environments.
- Demonstrated expertise in day-to-day Windows OS installation, migration, and break-fix support.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in distributing standard configurations using tools such as Intune, GPO, or VMware DEM.
- Proficient in building PowerShell scripts for automation and endpoint monitoring.
- Familiarity with Change/Incident Management tools such as Jira.
- Excellent team player with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability and eagerness to learn and promote best practices.
- Must reside locally and work on-site for a minimum of 3 days a week.
Nice to have
- Experience with VMware Horizon and DEM.
- Familiarity with macOS and/or Linux desktop management.
Expected hourly pay range
$60 - $75
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!