San Francisco Metro Area,
Post Date: 02/14/2018
Job ID: JN -022018-3590
Our client a hot Silicon Valley start-up, is in need of a dot net/SQL developer for a contract or contract-to-hire (your choice!) opportunity. 100% Remote is okay for the right candidate.
The .Net / SQL Server Developer will help develop customer-specific enhancements for our client s amazing product.
Feature enhancements like more user-friendly reporting, better interfaces and other product enhancement and expansion, such as integration with 3rd party APIs
- Act as the primary engineer supporting, debugging, and maintaining production level application code as well as SQL databases
- Develop new modules and applications in .NET and SQL Server
- Design and code changes to applications
- Import and export complex data and do data transformations using SQL Server
- Write complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and views for application logic in SQL Server
- Test enhancements, changes, and new development and debug problems
- Push changes to production in .NET, IIS, and SQL Server
- Promptly respond to emails and phone calls as well as support requests
- Attend ongoing meetings and code reviews in person or over video conferencing/screen sharing
- Ensure speed and performance of all applications by testing and analyzing for bottlenecks and fixing the different parts of the applications
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, engineering, technology, or a related field required
- 5+ years experience in developing in VB and C# .NET and SQL Server
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining quality code in .NET and SQL Server
- Advanced knowledge and experience in writing SQL Server queries, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Demonstrated ability to import and export data, and do data transformations in SQL Server
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality code in time and budget with thorough testing and comments/documentation
- Strong technical documentation skills, including aility to understand and reverse engineer existing code and enhance it
- Demonstrated ability to design and code changes as well as new modules
- Experience with XML web services and integration using APIs
- Knowledge and use of source code repository (Subversion preferred)
- Ability to design exceptional user interface
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in React or Angular preferred
- Experience in Windows, IIS, and SQL server administration preferred
- Knowledge of React or Angular desired
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!