Los Angeles Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -072020-4495
Our client, a global life sciences organization, has an immediate need for an Associate Scientist to join their Analytical Operations in Santa Monica, CA.
- Support process analytical testing and execute cell based assays to advance process and product understanding of cell therapy products
- Candidate should be experienced with aseptic technique, cell culture, flow cytometry, PCR, and ELISA
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Work with a cross-functional development team to advance development of autologous T cell therapy products
- Experience with Tecan Liquid Handlers preferred
- Bachelor s degree in biotechnology or related field required (or relevant experience) with 2+ years of experience in similar role in a laboratory, preferably at least 1 year of lab experience within the industry
- This position requires at least 1 year of experience using flow cytometry, ELISA and/or qPCR
- Experience with other techniques in molecular biology, such as ddPCR is a plus
- Experience with other immunoassay technologies such as MSD or Luminex is a plus
- Previous experience with cell therapy products is a plus
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail and successfully execute experiments at the bench
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- While most of the schedule will be during a standard work-week, occasional weekend work will be required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, and data analysis
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!