Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -092018-3771
Our Client, a recognized leader in their industry, is looking for a Business Systems Analyst their Oakland location for a long term contract position.
- Defines and documents business and functional requirements
- Elicits and develops functional and business requirements using individual and group interviews, surveys, process walks, process re-engineering workshops, requirements workshops, and peer site visits
- Documents functional and business requirements using best practices methods including: high-level systems diagrams, process maps, requirement traceability matrices, user stories, screen mockups, functional specification documents, data maps, test cases, workflow diagrams, system interface and user report requirements.
- Data and Information Analysis: identifies sources for, gathers and analyzes data relevant to processes. Defines data requirements and obtains customer agreements. Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying business requirements.
- System testing: creates and develops test case scenarios, performs functional QA testing, facilitates user acceptance testing (UAT), and performs regression testing
- Writes specifications for technically complex or challenging procurements; including the gathering and organization of technical details and requirements.
- Assists in the investigation of potential vendors, makes recommendations, and communicates vendor discrepancies and parts/equipment issues.
- Supports creation of training materials: help sheets and training videos.
- Provides post deployment maintenance support: Provides uses support, resolve bugs, facilitates data fixes, supports system change requests.
- Bachelor degree is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant broad based progressive experience as a customer-focused business analyst
Nice to Have
- MBA or similar professional certification or advanced education in Business Systems Analysis or project management.
- EHS knowledge and experience.
- Project Management certification (PMP) Business Process Management and/or Business Process Modeling certification
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!