San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -102019-4421
Our fast-growing San Francisco/Bay Area based client is in need of an experienced Chief of Staff to the CDO for an exciting contract opportunity. The Chief of Staff to the CDO is a key member of the organization. The individual serves as a central point of organization for the CDO, to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness in developing and driving the strategic business agenda for the organization.
This highly visible role will lead and drive key strategic initiatives that will increase organizational capability and efficiency, including: change initiatives, employee engagement, communications, project management, new business ventures and logistical operations.
In addition, the role is also responsible for ensuring that the CDO is fully briefed and prepared for all day-to-day professional interactions and activities, which include but not limited to research, presentation creation, executive briefings, financial reporting, monthly business reviews, Board of Director. This individual will also partner with other business areas on projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a high performance, fast paced, high-pressure environment. Absolute confidentiality is required. Well-developed financial/quantitative analytical skills and superb written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Participate in and assist with the strategic and tactical business planning & implementation requiring close communication and interaction with senior leaders to ensure stated goals and objectives are executed.
- Project management and initiative execution on all phases of assigned initiatives, working with appropriate business areas as necessary.
- Communication strategy and plan creation and execution (including coordination with employee engagement initiatives and Scope and Diversity goals).
- Act as a point of contact between senior management, employees and other stakeholders.
- Support the coordination and preparation for all meetings/events chaired and/or attended by the CDO.
- Create written and graphical presentations of financials for internal and external audiences.
- Assist in planning and preparing for: quarterly and monthly business area operating reviews with senior executive team, Group activities and other outside conferences.
- Review portfolio financials & sales and industry reports on a periodic basis, prepare reports, trend analysis and executive summaries.
- Involvement in annual budget preparation and annual investment plan and updates
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Strong Financial background
- This is a fast-paced environment, which often requires the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Success in the position is highly dependent on the individual's mastery across 4 key competency dimensions: strategic, operating, interpersonal and technical.
- The individual must be flexible and have a comfort level with working in an often-ambiguous environment.
- Self-starter with strong-problem solving skills. Being able to plan and organize with and through people is critical to success.
- Extremely organized with unfailing attention to detail.
- Extremely pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and communicate results to project team and management; present to customers and project sponsors and play a supporting role in presentation to higher levels of management.
- Ability to formulate clear and concise executive "messages" to internal and external audiences from complex topics.
- Demonstrated ability in financial/quantitative data analysis
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!