San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -072020-4491
- Our client, a global life sciences organization, has an immediate need for a Clinical Contracts Associate to join their team in Foster City, CA.
- Provide contract and payment administration support to include the following: Invoice Coordination, Invoice review, expense account coding, and review routing.
- Requires strong attention to detail, a high level of organization, and experience and aptitude to understand and utilize accounting systems.
- Payment reconciliation includes the ability to research and review site payment data and determine payment status, determine if over or under payment has occurred, and answer site and GSI team queries. Requires in-depth and often complex investigation of payment discrepancies and thorough, yet efficient communication.
- Mastery of propriety clinical tracking system and ability to review and understand payment schedules and terms enter data and generate site payments on determined cycles.
- Ability to manage and lead projects cross-functionally from inception to completion. Exercise knowledge in strategizing for the most effective methods, approaches, and level of communication and engagement.
- Provide world-class customer service with internal and external customers. Ability to maintain professionalism at all times especially during difficult interactions or items requiring escalation to senior management.
- Responsible for clinical administrative operations activities involving clinical finance support and/or assistance with contract negotiations. Completes responsibilities in a timely, organized way.
- Identifies issues/problems and provides customary recommendations for solutions. May focus on either contracts or finance or both areas based on business need. Coordinates and ensures that monthly payment processes are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance requests for appropriate supplier accounts are accurately serviced in a timely manner.
- Works on diverse business problems that require financial analysis with oversight from more senior individuals in department. Assists clinical teams in resolving financial issues as they relate to either site or vendor contracts.
- Coordinates the preparation, execution, and tracking of domestic and/or international clinical site agreements, including study-specific budget templates, contracts and other documents with specific guidance from manager.
- Works closely with internal and vendor clinical teams to ensure rapid start-up of study sites. Responsible for tracking the progress of study-start-up activities as it relates to contracts and budgets.
- Assists clinical teams in evaluating the progress of vendor contracts as the clinical program progresses.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Performs routine work under moderate supervision without detailed instructions and complex tasks under general supervision.
- Collaborate with management to generate and track metric reports
- Demonstrates moderate proficiency in the use of complex budgeting & forecasting database tools.
- Interacts well with clinical teams, legal, account payable and corporate finance.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand and take effective approaches to varying levels of communication that would be most efficient and productive.
- Pharma or Biotech experience preferred
- Minimum 5 plus years of project management experience or other relevant experience related to contract administration, clinical payments or finance
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with proven demonstration
- Knowledge of GCP, ICH, GLP and other local and federal tax regulations
- Proficiency in MS Project and standard desktop tools including, but not limited to, MSWord, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- BA/ BS required
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!