San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -102019-4424
Our client, a global IT Security leader, has an immediate need for a Cloud Infrastructure Architect to join its Silicon Valley, CA operations.
- Ability to analyze stakeholder requirements and convert into secure cloud solutions
- Architects must create and maintain detailed documentation and plans to guide company on this cloud journey
- Ability to collaborate and evangelize the right cloud solutions throughout the business creating a visionary direction and roadmap for Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Use extensive technical expertise to build the business case for changes in the infrastructure architecture strategy
- Collaborates with technical SMEs to design the proper pathways to success
- Define and maintain DevOps pipeline architecture and tooling requirements
- Ability to remove traditional walls between siloed teams in operations and engineering as well as throughout the business. Establishing repore and confidence in ability to architect and provide solutions.
- Collaborates with peer organizations and senior leadership on creating the visionary direction and roadmap for Infrastructure-as-a-Service and gains adoption throughout the enterprise
- Sets and drives the implementation of standards, advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
- Responsible for cloud infrastructure standards, design, systems analysis, security, data center operation, compute, storage, network & voice communication.
- Acts as expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Communicates and validates cloud architecture with infrastructure team, project management team, and technology services management team.
- Conducts end-to-end technical plan design.
- Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Develops long-term strategy for historical data retention and archival plan for storage needs, defines data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans taking direction from legal in process.
- Develops specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Work directly with business users to translate requirements into designs and ultimately develop and deploy secure cutting-edge solutions that leverage cloud based solutions
- Handle all aspects of solution development - architecture, design, development, build, deployment, monitoring and operations, accounting for near-term product deliverables and technical debt
- Own overall cloud solution architecture including direction, principles, various levels of abstraction, and current state
- Coordinates technical kick-off sessions by providing detailed product architecture overviews and determining the customer's design, integration and development plans
- Working with Legal and business groups
- 5+ years successfully designing and implementing successful public cloud solutions (AWZ, Azure, Google, Oracle)
- 10+ years in working with Compute, Storage, Network Security, Infrastructure and Data Center technologies
- Background and experience working with and establishing a DevOps team, practices, and culture
- Architecture Certification (AWS-CSA, MCSE-Cloud, MCSD-Azure, TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.)
- Familiar with architectural frameworks/methodologies
- Highly motivated, goal driven, influential, innovative, curious and open minded, fun to work with, team player
- Proven work experience as a Cloud Architect or similar role
- Experience with web and cloud technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Solid technical background with an ability to present to and persuade a non-technical audience
- 5+ years of Hands-on experience working with Juniper and Checkpoint firewall technologies
- Technical aptitude and depth with Mac, Windows , Linux operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software
- Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
- Deep understanding of NAS, SAN storage, backups, storage technologies
- Deep understanding of TCP, IP, DNS, DHCP and other network protocols and services
- Knowledge of managing a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks, and keep abreast of the latest technology.
- Capability to work with people in different time zones
- Ability to spend extended periods of time on computer equipment and/or in meetings
- Requires occasionally working in a data center environment, lifting heavy gear and operating tools to assemble technical environments
- Must be able to speak and listen clearly on telephone
- Ability to travel as needed in support of technical initiatives, 25%
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!