San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Category: Infrastructure - Network/Security - Technology
Job Number: JN -082018-3767
Our client, a fast-growing leader in the SaaS space, is in need of a Cloud Security Engineer to oversee, troubleshoot, and support the company's production environment. This is a direct hire or contract to hire opportunity for the right candidate.
- Run key security operations functions for a Cloud Infrastructure which includes Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Management, Security Incident Response, etc
- Monitor and resolve critical Security exposures in AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Conduct continuous monitoring, penetration testing and vulnerability assessments when new security threats are identified
- Identify highly permissive IAM policies to enforce privilege access for specific users and services.
- Implement automation around security control enforcements using AWSConfig, Lambda, CloudFormation, etc
- Provide technical leadership, solution design, and hands-on support for consistent security controls for cloud infrastructure and microservices
- Collaborate with all levels of leadership to gather requirements, build roadmaps and build implementation plans
- Regularly monitoring the external community to identify threats and opportunities for enhancements
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to different business groups
- BA./BS degree (required); M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- 5+ Years of industry experience
- 2+ years working in AWS/Public Cloud environment as a Security Engineer or a Security Network Engineer
- Experience with scripting language like: Python, Perl, Shell, etc
- Hands-on experience with security controls & tools for AWS Public Cloud Services
- Experience working with IT Security Frameworks like CIS, NIST, etc...
- Hands on experience with authentication, security firewalls & other security protocols.
- Experience in one or more cloud security monitoring tools: Alert Logic, Threat Stack, Evident.io, Dome9, Cavirin
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS Cloudformation, Ansible or Puppet
- Experience with Docker, AWS EC2 Container Service (ECS)
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!