San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -102023-4826
Our client, in the autonomous vehicle space, is looking for a Data Center Engineer to collaborate with other infrastructure engineers in maintaining their internal infrastructure. The primary work will be based at data centers in Sunnyvale, Fremont, and Foster City, with occasional office presence in Foster City. Typical work schedule involves 4-5 days per week at the data center.
- Maintain and repair CPU and GPU based compute clusters and storage.
- Handle cabling and fiber installations within the data centers.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware issues.
- Deploy and integrate new equipment into racks.
- Contribute to documentation for operational efficiency.
- Handle Vendor RMAs (Return Merchandise Authorizations).
- Collaborate with vendors for installation and maintenance activities.
- Participate in procurement and logistic activities.
Nice to have
- Demonstrated experience in installing and maintaining enterprise compute hardware.
- Proficient in running fiber and cabling in a data center environment.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and repairing Intel-based server hardware.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in maintaining and repairing servers in enterprise data center environments.
- Familiarity with ticket management processes.
- Familiarity with DCIM (Data Center Infrastructure Management) tools such as Device42.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs to waist height and 25 lbs to shoulder height.
- Ability to follow and contribute to production checklists.
- Understanding and respect for the importance of "production" environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to use personal vehicle for travel to data centers in Sunnyvale, CA, and Menlo Park, CA.
- Understanding of power and cooling systems requirements in data center environments.
- Exposure to SuperMicro servers.
- Exposure to Arista and/or Mellanox network equipment.
- Exposure to GPU computing platforms.
- Basic understanding of RAID, IPv4, and IPMI/OOB.
Expected hourly pay range
$65 - $75
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!