San Francisco Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/14/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-3611
Our client, a fast paced automotive start-up, has an immediate need for a Data Engineer (Storage) to join its Silicon Valley, CA operations. This role will sit in the organization s Production Operations Team supporting the application, compute and storage infrastructure.
- Design, implement and support internal cloud systems
- Build scale-out storage and data systems
- Track key metrics and logs
- Oversee and direct data and storage infrastructure
- Work directly with application developers to help them choose scalable and supportable platforms
- Expert level knowledge of virtual platforms (vSphere, Xen, Docker or KVM)
- Familiar with scale out database or storage systems; Ceph (preferred), ElasticSearch, Gluster, Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark or HDFS
- Strong scripting experience in either Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash
- Experience with object storage and REST protocols (S3 or Swift)
- Experience with web services (Nginix, Varnish, Apache, HA Proxy)
- Passionate about Scale-up vs. Scale-out
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!