San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -092023-4822
Our client, in the autonomous vehicle space is looking for a Data Systems Administrator to join its team. This person will focus on working with customers on data migration, decommission legacy storage systems, and perform OS upgrades.
- Work with customers to migrate from legacy NFS/Samba storage to new systems
- Work to retire old storage systems that are long past their useful life
- Upgrade storage systems OS to Ubuntu 22.04
- Work with DC ops to replace failed drives in storage systems
Nice to Have:
- Good handle on Linux OS administration with focus on storage and networking
- Good written and verbal communication skills to work with customers over long periods of time
- Good working experience with NFS, Samba and local file systems
- Understanding of Linux permissions (standard POSIX and NFSv4)
- Detailed oriented and ability to track multiple projects over a long period of time
- Experience with Ubuntu/Debian Linux
- Cluster or Software Defined Storage (SDS) experience (Ceph, Luster, Gluster, etc)
- Experience with file storage appliances (NetApp, DataDomain, Synology, QNAP, etc)
- Experience with ZFS
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!