San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -092023-4823
Our client, in the autonomous driving vehicle space, is seeking a Database Engineer to join their team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in managing a substantial database infrastructure consisting of over 200 databases. Your contributions will be instrumental in ensuring the efficiency, security, and stability of the database systems. This is a contract, hybrid opportunity with the expectation to work in the Foster City, CA location.
- Create efficient and scalable database solutions based on business requirements.
- Configure, install, and update database software and associated tools.
- Continuously monitor database performance, making optimizations for enhanced efficiency and reliability.
- Implement and uphold database security measures to safeguard sensitive data.
- Collaborate closely with application developers to fine-tune database queries.
- Address and resolve database issues promptly.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation related to database architecture, configurations, and processes.
- Plan for database capacity and propose infrastructure enhancements.
- Oversee and provide support for the AWS database infrastructure.
- Hands on experience with AWS and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concerning database resources.
- 5+ years experience as a Database Engineer or Database Administrator.
- Robust knowledge of various database management systems (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Redshift).
- Proficiency in SQL and optimization of database queries.
- Familiarity with principles of database design and data normalization.
- Hands-on experience in tuning and monitoring database performance.
- Understanding of backup and recovery protocols.
- Understanding best practices in database security.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Expected hourly pay range
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!