San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -032022-4706
Our client, a global technology company, has an immediate need for an IT Lab Technician to join its Palo Alto, CA operations. This role will be onsite at the company s offices in Palo Alto.
- Performing weekly inventory counts and quality audits to validate data integrity and resolve discrepancies.
- Restocking of all computers accessory vending machines and other deployment cabinets around campus.
- Procuring hardware for on-hand inventory, shipping/receiving of hardware (both new and repurposed) while ensuring proper asset tracking
- Queue management (service ticket systems)
- Unloading and delivering computer shipment to Deployment
- Assisting with New Hire desktop setups and deployment for North America.
- Image new and used systems (laptop and desktop) as requested.
- Identifying and implement improvements to existing lifecycle management process.
- Providing ongoing operational support including operating systems releases, upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, security updates, and any system change activities.
- Serving as Tier 1 support to the Endpoint Services to resolve desktop system issues as reported by the end-users.
- Ensuring adequate customer follow up communications and timely issue status updates to customer and IT management.
- Updating the asset database in a timely manner to ensure data integrity. Ensures cleanliness of all on-site deployment and storage areas.
- Minimum of 1-2 years with experience working in supply chain environment (shipping, receiving, put away, inventory management etc.)
- logistics certifications or education in lieu of experience.
- Minimum 1 year IT experience supporting Microsoft systems (Win 11), and Mac OS X. Some knowledge of computer hardware, software installation preferred.
- Understanding of desktop architecture build methodologies and other IT disciplines, (i.e., Telecom, Networking, Messaging, Server operations, etc.) a plus.
- Proven Customer Service skills including exceptional written and oral communication are mandatory
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!