San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Category: Infrastructure - Data Center - Technology
Job Number: JN -102021-4669
Our client, an analytics technology organization, is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join its Bay Area, CA Based operations. This individual can also worked remotely and be based anywhere in the US.
- Work with development teams to build and maintain cloud environments to specifications developed closely with multiple teams.
- Support (and automate) the deployment of applications into those environments.
- Design new environments and architectures.
- Automate everything. Build proactive monitoring and alerting tools. Provide standards, documentation, and coaching to developers.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- 3-5+ years of experience in DevOps including automated system configuration, application deployment, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Advanced Linux system administration abilities.
- Experience with Kafka.
- Real-world experience managing large-scale GCP and AWS environments. Multi-account management a plus.
- Experience with managing production environments on GCP, AWS, or another cloud PaaS.
- Solid hands on skills with a majority of the following technologies: Kubernetes, Rancher, Terraform, Helm charts, Hadoop, Docker, EC2/ECS, S3, CloudFront, ECS, NFS, Cloud PaaS SDKs & CLI Tools, Ruby, Python, Bash, Git, DNS, SSL, MySQL, Nagios, Prometheus, InfluxDB/Grafana, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience working as a developer on front-end or back-end projects is a big plus
- Knowledge of druid, airflow, CDH a plus.