Our fast growing greater Detroit-area client is I need of a long-term contractor to serve as Facilities (physical) Security Specialist to keep the good people in and safe, and the unwelcome out! The successful candidate will manage the activities and operations related to the 24-hour physical security of the company s various US locations. The successful candidate will lead the evaluation, planning, development, and implementation phases of physical security deployment and retrofit at , and will own the response, recovery and mitigation plans to ensure the safety and security of all employees, guests and physical property of the Company. This candidate will also be responsible for the continued maintenance and documentation of physical security systems as appropriate.
- Plan and design services and activities involved in the physical security and risk management of facilities
- Develop metrics to monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures;
- Identify opportunities for improvements and implement same.
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of physical security systems.
- Investigate all physical security related incidents and follow up with written reports and recommendations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement.
- Monitor and maintain all facilities security systems and access control.
- Collaborate with internal partner groups and help develop security protocols and processes based on their requirements and needs.
- Complete vendor assessments and manage company s relationship with any physical security vendors.
- Draft applicable physical security policies and procedures in collaboration with Security and Legal departments.
- Bachelor s degree in related fields or minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in physical security management.
- Current working knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of public facility security and pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Experience in crisis management, conflict resolution, investigations, physical security technology (e.g, CCTV, access/proximity cards, visitor management, etc), and risk management
- Experience building net-new physical security programs in collaborative high-growth environments.
- Proven background in customer focus, service delivery; and a whatever it takes to meet customer satisfaction attitude, including with an accountable approach to service failures
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and plan, working with fast-paced and ever-changing priorities, and multiple people s schedules people and tasks.
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide range of people, personalities and demographics; is able to connect with others in a variety of circumstances so that people are able to feel a level of comfort and ease around that person.
Some travel required.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!