San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Category: Architect - Technology
Job Number: JN -012020-4455
Our Client, an exciting start-up company in the clean air industry is looking for a Firmware Team Lead to work in their San Francisco office. This person will have the opportunity to help develop their next generation product that will help change the lives of millions. As the Firmware Team Lead you will be responsible for responsible for embedded system architecture design and firmware implementation
- Manage all aspects of firmware project development, from requirements gathering, design, verification and release.
- Ownership of the firmware roadmap by providing technical direction.
- Drive team best practices around code reviews, coding standards, firmware design and specifications.
- Specify microcontroller requirements and drive part selection
- Develop controls strategy and define the supporting algorithms
- Evolve or contribute to best practices around firmware quality such as testing (unit tests, CIT, regression testing) and validation.
- As necessary perform individual contributor responsibilities including writing firmware
- Work with project manager to prioritize firmware team tasks, manage team contributions in terms of work breakdown.
- Communicate to project team on firmware development status, identify key risks and manage appropriately.
- BS/BA degree in in electrical engineering, computer science or comparable.
- 7+ years experience developing embedded systems
- Experience working as a team lead while also acting as a team player
- Ability to developer in C/C++ for real-time applications across multiple platforms and experience with RTOSs and state machines.
- Good working knowledge of device driver development, communications protocols and protocol design - RS232, I2C, SPI, USB, CAN
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, python and Linux
- Strong analytical skills with solid device, circuit, and controls theory fundamentals
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinker
Nice to Have
- Experience with advanced IoT platforms & protocols such as 6LowPan, CoAP, Thread, MQTT, AMQP
- Familiarity with safety and compliance standards for grid-connected power electronics
- Familiarity with various communications protocols using 900mhz and 2.4 ghz frequency
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!