San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -122018-3826
Our client, a global life sciences organization, has an immediate need for an IT Network Security Engineer to join its San Francisco Peninsula, CA operations.
This individual will be a critical member of the Network Security team diagnosing, analyzing and monitoring threats to the organization s network.
- Implement automated configuration compliance assessments of general server and database systems (Windows, Linux, SQL and Oracle)
- Review and analyze existing enterprise network and data security baselines for effectiveness and efficiency, and develop strategies to improve or enhance baselines
- Liaise with system, database and application administrators to assist with implementation and rollout of an automated security configuration compliance assessment solution and the accompanying business processes
- Research emerging technologies in support of IT security enhancement and development efforts
- Assist in formalizing and updating security policies, procedures and technical standards; auditing/monitoring compliance with those standards; developing technical checks to verify compliance with technical controls
- Bachelor s Degree
- 5 years of progressively responsible IT experience with at least 3 years of security/infrastructure protection experience
- 5 + years Network Engineering experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience performing project focused information security work with cross-functional teams in an enterprise setting
- Exposure to network monitoring tools such as Solaris
- Experience with network device configuration (e.g. IOS, JunOS), network architecture (e.g. BGP, dynamic routing, service catalogs and asset management), and network automation
- Must have a good understanding of the following security domains: Audit and Monitoring, Risk Response & Recovery, Cryptography, Data Communications, Computer Operations Security, Telecommunications & Network Security
Nice to Have
- CISSP or other security certification
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!