San Francisco Metro Area,
Post Date: 09/25/2017
Job ID: JN -092017-3517
Our client, a global life sciences organization, has an immediate need for an IT Security Engineer with Governance Risk and Compliance experience.
This individual will be the primary Security Engineer on several GRC related projects.
- Participate in selection and implementation of a GRC utility (from POC, through evaluation, selection, and implementation).
- Manages an area of the IT Security and Risk Management Program that impacts multiple departments internal and external to IT, sets goals and objectives, tracks and communicates status
- Review security documents and project artifacts for complex situations.
- Assess and manage compliance risks across the organization, escalating to senior management as necessary.
- Identify security processes and standards across IT that would benefit from improvement
- Propose new standards, tools, policies and procedures to improve security, compliance and risk management
- Benchmarks innovative solutions as a method of monitoring progression to ensure value is being created and is consistent with organizational goals, objectives and standards
- Lead the security design of projects that entail large risk and widespread implications to the business. Reports status on activities, issues, projects, etc to senior IT management, including the effectiveness and efficiency of security activities.
- Bachelor s Degree
- 5+ years Security Engineering experience
- Experience on the technical delivery side of Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) projects
- Hands on experience with GRC tools
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!