San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -102018-3811
Our client, a fast paced technology start-up, has an immediate need for an IT Technical lead to join its San Jose, CA operations. The ideal candidate will be very strong in managing VMware environments.
- Procure and maintain hardware and software
- Configure and maintaining the hardware and software in local and remote labs to support development, testing and engagement activities.
- Monitor change control processes
- Continuously maintain lab documentation including access lists, technical specifications, safety and security
- Maintain the asset and inventory management system
- Monitor and review lab budget for support costs
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and fix software and hardware issues.
- Manage VMware environments, backup and restores, and other common IT tasks
- Extensive management of the Linux environment
Nice to Have
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 4+ experience in a relevant lab administration or technical lead role.
- Extensive experience managing Linux environments
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction from management
- Experienced in working with multiple stakeholders and shifting priorities when required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience configuring IT lab hardware and infrastructure software
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS
- Experience with configuring and maintaining network switches.
- Willingness to challenge, debate and clarify assumptions.
- Working experience with a highly collaborative team
- Experience with DevOps a plus
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience with Windows Server
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!