Job Number: JN -042023-4799
Our client, a Global technology company, is looking for a mid-level Information Security Analyst. The ideal candidate will have experience in investigating security events, responding to security incidents, and the ability to triage security events. This is a 4 month contract opportunity and requires the individual to work in central time (10a-6p)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in information security, incident response or related field.
- Experience with Splunk and/or Carbon Black Cloud is preferred.
- Strong understanding of SIEM, EDR, and DLP technologies.
- Understanding of collaborative technologies and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to conduct investigative analysis to identify and mitigate security incidents.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Expected hourly pay range
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Provide primary triage, analysis, and operational support for security events and alerts.
Respond to colleague inquiries and manage escalations, advise on compliance with VMware information security policies.
- Coordinate and communicate regional team shift handovers and incident documentation as part of the global Detection and Response Team (DART).
- Work closely with the Security Intelligence and Response Team (SIRT) to ensure effective response to security incidents and support for operational threat intelligence.
- Provide regional technical leadership and drive communications during incident response within US time zones across all levels of the organization, from technical teams to executive leadership.
- Collaborate with other regional teams on development and management of detection and response operational process framework and related playbooks for daily operations.
- Contribute to requirements definition, evaluation, and implementation for detection and response tools and capabilities, process automation, and security logging standards.
- Maintain highly collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including legal, privacy, IT, operations, and engineering teams to lead security change across the business.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the current cyber threat landscape and emerging cyber threats.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.