San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -042019-4317
Our client, a well-funded automotive start up, has an immediate need for Linux Systems Administrator to join its San Francisco Peninsula, CA operations. A successful candidate for this role will have strong project management and organization skills to complement his/her technical skills. This individual will work with a team of developers and other infrastructure engineers to design, implement, and maintain the companies global, internal, and external cloud infrastructure.
- Administrate Linux systems and applications (Ubuntu/Debian experience preferred).
- Demonstrable advanced skills in Linux concepts, administration, and troubleshooting
- Deploy new systems in a rapidly expanding environment
- Participate in IP management, DNS administration, and hardening efforts.
- Participate and mature our patching, upgrading and maintenance activities
- Using companies existing tools track and monitor key metrics and logs
- Maintain monitoring systems and participate in creating new monitoring solutions
- Experience with enterprise-level production environments required
- Experience with PXE booting and network imaging/installs
- Experience with Nagios or other monitoring suites is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation
- Ability to travel to Sunnyvale, CA and Menlo Park, CA datacenters as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of Linux system administration experience
- Ubuntu/Debian experience preferredExposure to AWS EC2/S3
- Experience with VMWare solutions
- Experience with system deployment tools (Cobbler, Digital Rebar, etc.)
- Exposure to Linux GPU compute systems desired
- Some scripting abilities (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience with orchestration: Ansible (preferred), Chef or Puppet
- Experience with packaging systems
- Docker / Kubernetes experience
- Experience with Windows Server management
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!