Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -062022-4742
Our client, a digital cell biology company, has contract-to-hire need for a mid-level Network Administrator, this person considers themselves a generalist with a strong networking experience. You will help define network and security standards, policies and procedure for the company. This position must be within commute distance to their corporate office in Berkeley, due to the occasional onsite needs.
- Assist in establishing and implementing network architecture design principles, practices, implementations, documentation and LAN / WAN maintenance
- Conduct security assessments and make recommendations on data network (LAN/WLAN/WAN/DMZ/Internet), disaster recovery, remote access, network appliances, servers, and directory services security
- Participate in security incident triage and response, including working with firewall and device logs, investigating security events, protecting forensic value of data and establishing monitoring and incident reporting and response procedures
- Establish consistent metric and collection methods for device log aggregation and review procedures
- Oversee security of hosted services and applications including security requirements and architecture, risk analysis, and periodic / change reviews
- Work hands on with business units to help manage project deliverables, delegating and monitoring tasks of other engineers and providing management with status and progress reports
- Provide support to all SOX and internal audit issues as they relate to Security Operations including analyzing data privacy requirements and implementing business processes
- Define and ensure proper implementation of personal computer security configurations and policies including end-point security
- 5+ Years in Information Technology roles involved heavily in networking and security
- Extensive background in planning and designing projects and analyzing existing network systems and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Working knowledge of networking and routing protocols such as, TCP/IP, BGP4 (multi-homing), OSPF (multi-area), ISIS, etc.
- Working knowledge in the operation of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards including, VLANs, VLAN aggregation, Ether Channel, PVLANs, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q, 802.1e, and CAT 5 and fiber cable distribution systems
- Knowledge of Data Center design, build-out, and best practices
- Experienced in designing and implementing Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans and facilities
- Knowledge of Palo Alto Network firewalls, including VPN and routing functionality
- Experience with multi-tier architectures, including best practices around tier isolation (for databases, etc)
- Ability to perform penetration testing and work with third party security firms to coordinate similar testing
- Advanced knowledge of DNS and DHCP
- Experience with network security systems, intrusion detection systems and protocols including, ACE, ISE, VPN, GRE, IPSEC, IKE, TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, 802.1x, audits, log files etc.
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting and programming languages such a PERL, Ruby, PHP, or Python
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange and Office Suite applications
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and configuring Solarwinds.
Nice to have:
- Security Certifications: One or more information security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, ISO17799)
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!