San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -112023-4834
Our client, in the autonomous driving vehicle space, is looking for a PKI DevOps Engineer join their team. The role will include innovating ways to deploy certificates for multiple use cases, and improve the security posture surrounding machine identities across their hybrid environment. This person will be working with multiple teams to gather internal requirements and develop solutions to simplify processes for machine-to-machine authentication, and help with operational maintenance of their HSM and Certificate Authority services. This is a contract opportunity with a offered hybrid schedule of 3 days onsite at their Foster City, CA office.
- A deep understanding of digital certificate lifecycle management functions and broad experience with different certificate types and uses
- Proven understating of integrating workflows with Hashicorp Vault
- Experienced with Microsoft PKI, PrimeKey PKI
- 3+ years of Experience in performing Certificate Authority maintenance tasks such as certificate renewals and template generation.
- Experience with Hardware Security Module (HSM) configuration and operation
- Good understanding of Cloud Security principles
- 3+ years of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience - Terraform, Bamboo, Salt
- Experienced in Python
- Experienced in Golang
- Experienced with Docker, containerization, microservices, ECS, Kubernetes, CloudHSM
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
Nice to have
- Work with Developers and Engineers to improve security with X.509 certificates and SSH certificates and resolve vulnerabilities in existing code while prioritizing stability, security, and simplicity
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams, both technical and non-technical
- Continuously review and evaluate the security settings/configuration of our PKI infrastructure, apply possible enhancements, and propose appropriate security tools
- Define, design and develop pipelines to improve PKI procedures through Terraform deployments
- Propose and implement solutions to unify security policies on-prem and across hybrid Cloud environments
- Build scalable cryptographic systems that support NIST, FIPS, SOX and HIPAA compliance requirements for X.509 and key management services
- Experience with Clearpass
Expected hourly pay range
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!