San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -102019-4428
Our fast-growing San Francisco/Bay Area based client is in need of an experienced SaaS IT Project/Program Manager for an exciting long term contract opportunity in Sunnyvale, CA.
This role requires someone with a passion for driving technical initiatives end-to-end by aligning cross-functional teams towards a common goal; someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where collaboration, resourcefulness, and ownership are crucial. This individual needs to approach challenges strategically, with the goal of designing solutions and best practices which will allow us to tackle future projects more effectively. You will be responsible for orchestrating the successful delivery of projects on time and on budget. Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with in-house technical resources for complex operational projects, including customer on-boarding, communications and coordination with internal and external stakeholders. You will work closely with teams comprised of engineers, product managers, technical operations, compliance and security, customer support, and sales, among others.
- Leverage technical & project management foundation to build comprehensive plans, identify risks, and ensure a smooth process; actively assist cross-functional teams to define and manage project milestones on the path to completion.
- Provide necessary transparency to leadership. Maintain metrics which provide visibility to stakeholders regarding project progress and quality.
- Acts as a liaison between technical operations, customer success, sales, support and development during customer issues to manage expectations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in CSE, EE, CSM, related discipline OR equivalent work experience;
- 7+ years working on projects involving complex enterprise SaaS or Web Services environments;
- Proven understanding and working knowledge of the software development life cycle and modern project management best practices, such as Agile, Scrum, ITIL, Six Sigma, etc.;
- Experience managing customer-facing projects related to operations and/or technical support;
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects, customers and cross-functional dependencies;
- Experience supporting and resolving customer escalations;
- Working knowledge of Jira, or similar software for tracking and managing projects;
- Experience working with MS Office, MS Project, or similar project / portfolio management tools.
- Basic understanding of scripting with Ansible, Chef, Python and/or Shell strongly preferred, not required;
- Familiarity with operational environment: Java, MSSQL or similar Relational Database, Glassfish App Server or similar desired, but not required;
- Any exposure to monitoring tools (AppDynamics, Pingdom, Nagios or similar) desired, not required.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written. Listens and communicates effectively.
- Super organized, natural multi-tasker, loves analyzing data and solving problems.
- Evidence of successful internal & external customer relationship management, influencing, negotiating; the ability to manage multiple, competing stakeholders.
- Works well under pressure, comfortable in dealing with conflict and meeting demanding timelines.
- Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and identify opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and/or increase efficiency
- Evidence of successful relationships with account and support teams.
- Proven problem-solving ability in complex technical environments
- Low ego and high integrity; team-first attitude very important
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!