Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/30/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-3623
Our client is seeking an exceptionally talented Scrum Master who will provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and coaching skills required to ensure optimal throughput of their solution development project teams.
The successful candidate will be considered an expert in Scrum and Kanban and can quickly adapt to our custom Agile framework. They will have excellent logic, situational awareness, analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and an urgent drive to make a difference. Only those with thick skin need to apply!
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent Self-taught and self-teaching, with a demonstrated aptitude for acquiring knowledge and skills and new technologies readily. Can quickly come up to speed and know the work being addressed to solve the foundational technical and business needs and be able to provide valuable alternatives and considerations in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensures the integrity and proactive transparency of the project team s work items, from Benefits and Features down to Stories and Defects that drive the project team.
- Ensures the integrity and optimal use of our Agile Lifecycle tool
- Evangelizes, promotes and lives the values and the ways of thinking underlying our Agile framework. Continually emphasizes knowing the why behind our Agile practices.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training to ensure the project team is confident in the use of the Agile framework.
- Facilitates, enforces and defends the project team s delivery through time-boxed sprints.
- Protects the project team from outside distractions and from themselves by being aware of typical behavioral elements such as Dude s Law, Goodhart s Law, Parkinson s Law, and the Homework Syndrome and taking appropriate remedial action.
- Tolerant of imperfection, employs the principle of mission and embracing fast failures and a learning and improving opportunity.
- Continually seeks and implements improvements, sharing results with other Scrum Masters.
- Provides continual updates and proactive visibility of team metrics and supporting documentation.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills at all levels, both technical and business focused, seeking to improve transparency, radiate information, build trust and enable conflict
- Experience with Agile Lifecycle Tools such as VersionOne, Rally or Jira.
- Experience with teams in a wide range of development environments including Web, Java, ERP and data-centric technologies across the development lifecycle
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!