San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -072019-4373
Our fast-growing technology client is in need of an experienced Scrum Master for their IT PMO. This is a long-term contract opportunity in San Jose, CA.
- Manages planning and execution for Agile projects using Scrum and Kanban processes
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies including stand ups, sprint planning, and others as needed
- Manages the definition and refinement of user stories and tasks and, on an ongoing basis, evaluates various courses of action and selects the most effective alternative to attain team goals via coaching the team and asking the right questions
- Manages the agile process and acts as a motivator for the team in execution
- Engage Product Owners and business stakeholders for requirements discussions and ensures the backlog is maintained
- Helps identify team blockers and takes action to remove them, works with the leadership team to escalate where help is needed
- Monitor and report on key Agile performance metrics to leadership team
- Develops feedback routines to ensure two-way communication
- Understands and executes regular sprint retrospectives with the Agile team
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience in the IT industry including management of moderate to complex projects.
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Professional certification in program or project management from Project Management Institute (PMI) or other recognized certifying authority preferred.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!