San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Category: Infrastructure - Sys/Storage - Technology
Job Number: JN -122021-4684
Our client, a fast paced autonomous vehicle organization, is looking for a Senior Clustered Storage Engineer to join its Foster City, CA based operations.
This individual will work with a team of developers and other engineers to design, implement, maintain, and grow company s petabyte-scale high performance storage systems, as well as build strategies and then plan and implement solutions to around storage and data to enable our robot and AI research efforts. This is a good fit if you enjoy efforts to cooperatively optimize and strike performance vs cost balances for very heavy distributed workloads. Outreach and consulting with your software engineering colleagues will be crucial to aid effective development and adoption.
- Build scale-out storage and data systems
- Oversee and architect our data and storage infrastructure
- Design, implement, and support our internal and cloud systems
- Work directly with application developers to help them choose scalable and supportable platforms
- Experience with scaled clustered storage systems like Ceph, Lustre, GFS.
- Is passionate about the finer points of Scale-Out vs. Scale-Up
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Experience with object storage such as S3 and compatibles
- Experience with network filesystems (NFS, samba, afs).
- Linux Kernel, network, and storage tuning.
- Ability to script/program in any of the following: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash, C, etc.
- NFSv4, ACLs, storage security.
- Familiar with big data: ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark, or HDFS
- Infrastructure Automation (puppet, chef, ansible, saltstack)
- Experience with web services (Nginx, Varnish, Apache, HA Proxy)
- Knowledge of virtual platforms (vSphere, Xen, Docker, or KVM)
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, OracleDB, etc)