San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -022019-3857
Our client, a leader in Cyber Security is looking for a IT Project Manager to join their team in Milpitas, CA.
- Work closely with Information Systems and Services managers, technical leads and company product managers to drive project planning and execution of multiple complex IT Projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups across company through the Product life cycle, from definition to successful delivery of releases.
- Promoting and evangelizing agile best practices through established processes, tools, techniques and strong communication skills.
- Manage cross team dependencies and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocker issues.
- Continuously monitor and report on program execution to the teams, program leadership, executive management, and external stakeholders
- Assist in maturation of current processes, tools and templates within the project management practices for both Agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to analyze system requirements and existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization. Have ability to coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should while ongoing analysis will identify where they can integrate new hardware/features.
- Collaborates with peer organizations and senior leadership on creating the definition and direction and roadmap.
- Define and lead large scale project proposals and plans. Execute the plan to deliver to the scope within budget and on time.
- Manage implementation of technical solutions, applications and systems for On-Premise and the Cloud.
- Lead discussions with Technical Architects, Engineers and Vendors.
- Provide oversight and direction to implementation team to ensure the deployment meets the project specs and requirements.
- Develop detailed project plans.
- Participate in and lead cross-functional team to develop solutions and to resolve issues.
- Act as IT liaison with all business partners and vendors.
- Take appropriate course of action needed to accomplish objectives in shortest time possible without compromising quality.
- Adheres to the implementation of standards, advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
- Communicates and validates project infrastructure team, project management team, and technology services management team.
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Work directly with business users to translate requirements into designs and ultimately develop and deploy secure cutting-edge solutions that leverage cloud-based solutions
- Coordinates project team through kick-off sessions and by documenting detailed project overviews
- Prior project experience in IT operations projects is highly desired as is PMP or Agile certification.
- 5-10 years in working experience as an IT infrastructure & security project manager
- Familiar with architectural frameworks/methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of modern project management tools, process and best practices
- Highly motivated, goal driven, influential, innovative, curious and open minded, fun to work with, team player
- Proven work experience as a technical project manager capable of handling multiple projects.
- Understanding of security best practices frameworks (ISO 27001/27002, CIS, NIST)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks, and keep abreast of the latest technology.
- Capability to work with people in different time zones
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!