Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -112023-4835
Our fast-growing generative AI client is in need of a Senior Network Engineer to join its team. We are seeking a hands-on individual who has extensive experience with BGP and Network Automation. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity for the right individual. The role is hybrid Silicon Valley/Austin TX or fully remote for someone not in either area.
- Design, configure, and maintain our highly complex network infrastructure while ensuring uptime and availability.
- Implement best practices to optimize network performance and reduce latency.
- Collaborate with other IT teams and stakeholders to ensure seamless integration of compute infrastructures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues that might occur in real-time scenarios.
- Maintain network configurational documentation
- Protect the network against potential threats and attacks by implementing advanced security protocols and technologies.
- Automate network infrastructure.
- Support a network height of around 400GB for ML training and development purposes.
- Build zero-touch provisioning using Terraform or Ansible
- Test and verify any changes to the network configurations before they are put into production.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related computational field OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years of senior networking engineering experience maintaining and configuring networking infrastructure in large, intricate environments.
- Experience with BGP routing technologies and data center-networking architecture.
- Proven ability to build and configure zones and VLANs and firewalls, and automate switches.
- Proficient in automating network configuration and management tasks using tools such as Ansible, Terraform.
- Extensive knowledge of network monitoring and troubleshooting best practices, and expertise with these tools to ensure high availability, performance, and security.
- Familiarity with creating and managing virtual LANs (VLANs), including knowledge of VLAN tagging and trunking.
- Proven track record in building/supporting network scalability to handle increased workloads and traffic demands.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization infrastructures and Cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Experience in Arista Switching
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and debug problems.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Proactive and passionate about learning new technologies while exploring the existing ones.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Machine Learning environment.
- Experience with Apstra, A10, F5, Fortinet, or Extreme networks is a plus.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!