San Francisco Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/29/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-3621
Our client, a global life sciences organization, has an immediate need for a Network Engineer to join its San Francisco Peninsula, CA operations.
- Provide support for company routing, switching, WAN, WLAN and firewall systems
- Lead Gap Analysis of Global Network sites for the organization
- Create and update network documentation using Visio and MS Word
- Perform proactive maintenance on the network, work on task based and project based assignments
- Work under the direction of the Network Engineering Manager
- 7 9 years of network experience in a large corporate environment
- Expert knowledge of Cisco router and switches and related technologies; spanning tree, BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of wireless technologies and support of a corporate wireless network. Aruba Networking experience a plus
- Experience and knowledge with firewall technologies, either ASA and/or Palo Alto Networks Firewalls
- Experience and knowledge with VPN technologies, both site to site and client access systems
- Ability to travel internationally. Approximately 20%
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral. Ability to work in a team oriented structure
- CCIE a plus
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!