San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -102018-3797
Our client, a leader in Cyber Security is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join their team in Milpitas, CA. This person will oversee architectural design documentation and will manage the implementation of new technologies to support business requirements. The right candidate has experience as an influential member of a team.
- Maintaining the design and integrity of the network, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments.
- Design, implement and test complex infrastructure
- Provide onsite and remote support to clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems.
- Work independently and as part of a team to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address Level 2 escalations, work with project managers on team-related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access
- Secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs
- Evaluate and select the best solution for the existing and future network solutions
Nice to Have
- 8+ years experience as a Network Engineer
- 3+ years as a Senior Network Engineer or Architect
- Experience with 10Gig/40Gig technology
- Experience with Cisco Nexus platform experience to support the global network and its devices
- Protocols & Technologies: TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, BGP, NAT, 802.1Q, Rapid-PVST, Cisco vPC, IPSec, QoS, WAN Acceleration, SNMP, IPv6, VoIP, Cloud Services, Stateful Inspection, IPSec, SSL, LLDP, 802.1Q, DNS, DHCP, Digital Certificates, Access Control Lists.
- Expert in troubleshooting including packet analysis
- Knowledge of Layer 2 technologies including Rapid Spanning Tree, Port Channels, virtual Port Channels, VLAN design and trunking.
- Expert knowledge of OSPF and BGP routing protocols
- F5 Load Balancing technology for delivery of application and security solutions
- Juniper networking with Campus & Data-Center (Junos MNS, Switching, virtual-chassis, BGP Routing & MPLS) support.
- WAN Optimization knowledge
- Experience with Data Center design, implementation and maintenance
- QoS design and implementation, including VoIP and Video
- Experience with MPLS WAN networks
- Certification - CCNA, CCNP CWNA, etc.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!