San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -082018-3759
Our client, a global life sciences company, has an immediate need for a Technical Writer to join its San Francisco Peninsula CA based operations.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes information provided by subject matter experts (SME).
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translates SME information into clear, readable documents and process maps to be used by users
- Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
- Engages in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others.
- Receives text from SMEs and writes documentation in a clear and concise style following company and project style guides
- Ensures documents are technically and mechanically accurate, and consistent with regard to clarity, flow, organization, completeness, and readability
- Bachelor s degree preferred
- 5 + years' Technical Writing experience
- Experience documenting DevOps processes
- Life Sciences experience a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and other document editing software (e.g. Word, Excel and Visio experience required)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to rely on limited knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals
- Process analysis and improvement
- Process mapping and documentation
- Business process management (BPM) facilitation preferred
- Passion for providing a great user experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Consistently meets all deadlines
- Proficient in English verbally and in writing
- Great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Great time management and multi-tasking
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!