Job Category: Infrastructure - Sys/Storage - Technology
Job Number: JN -042022-4725
Our client, a company focused on risk solutions, has hired Vivo to help them find a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, with a specialization with Kubernetes, to join its team. The ideal candidate has an in depth and unique understanding of Kubernetes to help maintain a highly customized environment, created on premise. If you are a technologist, with a passion for working hands and looking for the ability to administer on bare metal and boot strap on physical servers, then this opportunity is for you. This is a work from anywhere/remote position.
- Perform Kubernetes cluster provisioning, management and operation using Terraform, Docker, Helm, Harbor, Calico, Trident
- Work in a highly customized Kubernetes environment
- Hand on administration to find out underlying infrastructure issues
- Troubleshoot and support Linux
- Act as a point of expertise for more junior members of the team.
- Work across multiple departments to solve complex issues
- 5+ years experience and proven background working in a technical position
- BS degree in Engineering/Computer Science/IT or relevant experience
- Strong experience and understanding of Kubernetes
- Coding and scripting experience in Powershell, Bash, Python, Golang, etc
- Experience with configuration management tools, like Ansible, Puppet, Chef or equivalents
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- Experience with Observability/Monitoring tools like, Graylog, DataDog, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, etc
- Experience working with an enterprise RDBMS such as MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of change control and associated procedures
- Use of Secret Management services e.g - Hashicorp Vault
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Bare metal cluster experience
- Working in a highly customized environment
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!