San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -122020-4541
Our client, a global information security leader, has an immediate need for a Site Reliability Engineer to join its Santa Clara, CA based operations.
- Design, build, maintain, and scale production services in public cloud environments.
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale.
- Build processes and automation to proactively manage and maintain highly scalable cloud services.
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from the ground up.
- Develop tools for enabling CI/CD, automated testing and release management.
- Troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause.
- Postmortem reviews and remediation recommendation.
- Mentor and train security engineers in cloud deployed and delivered services.
- You re a hands-on engineer who leads by doing.
- Strong knowledge of cloud security architecture, web application security, and security engineering.
- You have a minimum of 8 years industry experience with at least 2 years experience in DevOps automation and tooling, including cloud SRE roles.
- Experience with GCP (preferred) or AWS.
- You can leverage DevOps tools to build, harden, maintain and instrument a comprehensive cloud-based security orchestration platform to be consumed in product CI/CD pipelines (Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, and Puppet)
- Developed automated security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes in a large-scale cloud computing environments.
- Integrate security practices across a continuous delivery pipeline to provide a comprehensive automated cloud and application security solution.
- Experience in building scalable dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting SaaS applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate and resolve issues related to systems or networking quickly.
- Experience collecting metrics, measuring systems and interpreting data to make decisions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple issues.
- Take responsibility for creating design specifications and prepare technical documentation.
- Support the development of standards by creating templates and patterns for ease of use and increase the productivity of the security program.
- Foster, and build a community of practice for collective learning of the security tools, practices, and systems across all disciplines.
- Working knowledge of IP Networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and Firewalling.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, or IT.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!