San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -082018-3768
Our Client, a leader in their industry, is looking for a Splunk Engineer in their Palo Alto location for a contract position.
- Be responsible for designing Splunk systems to meet growth while maintaining balance between performance, stability, and agility.
- Assist in monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise support and operate Splunk using Security Information and Event Management or Security Event Management best practices and Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Customize/fine-tune Enterprise Security SIEM log management solution and develop automation for security tools management, as well as aid in the automation, deployment, integration, and testing of enterprise systems and services and create/optimize big data correlations as a Splunk search language (SPL) expert.
- Bachelor degree or similar
- 5-7 years hands-on experience working in the IT industry with an emphasis in engineering design, system analytics, operations and maintenance for a variety of technologies
- 3 years of Splunk Enterprise Security experience
- Hands on experience with Enterprise Applications
- Splunk Certified Enterprise Admin and / or Architect
- Experience maintaining and administering enterprise Splunk implementations.
- Experience developing custom Splunk content including scheduled searches, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Proficient at data on-boarding activities including custom parsing rules, custom Technology Add-On building according to Splunk's Common Information Model (CIM).
- Experience configuring indexes, index routing, retention policies, etc.
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Hardware experience and storage experience (SAN, NAS, etc.)
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!