San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Category: Validation - Engineering
Job Number: JN -022022-4696
Our client, a global renewable energy leader, has hired Vivo to help in its search for a Sr. Director of Software Engineering. This person will lead the efforts to develop and deliver their next generation software platform to meet their customers needs and support their B2B partners. Preferred location, SF Bay Area or Greater Denver area, but will consider 100% remote for the right candidate.
- Create the technical vision and execute on software technology roadmap
- Develop software architecture, technical capabilities and product solutions, that are scalable both technically and operationally with a focus on integrations, APIs, and automation.
- Lead code and architecture reviews, champion best practices in software development and testing processes and engineering standards
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional peers, to transform requirements down to a work break down structure (WBS) level feed into an Agile development process
- Follow a progressive development methodology, from requirements, design, implementation and testing
- Build and manage a team of Software Engineers
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technology discipline
- 12+ years of experience in technical leadership role
- Experience developing software for cloud infrastructure and device or IoT type solutions
- A passion for people management and mentorship including managing managers
- Experience building and leading high competency geographically dispersed teams
- Knowledge of programming (including AWS services and tools, Java, Python, Golang, messaging protocols, web services and xyz ) and build processes.
- Experience working with cutting edge engineering technologies such as Fastly, Elixir, flutter, AWS, Serverless/SAM, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, Snowflake and Git
- Expert with planning and executing within budget and on time
- Experience in designing and building scalable platforms, distributed systems and services with a customer centric focus
- Proven experience mentoring and leading an engineering culture
Nice to have
- Experience with Fintech, IoT, and Energy for both B2C and B2B industries
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!