San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -012019-3831
Our Client, a leader in their industry, is looking for a Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager in their San Francisco, CA for a contract position.
- Lead network, data center, cloud and security related programs
- Proactively addresses project issues and risks and builds commitment with delivery team and business partners
- Business partner relationship management
- Seen as a partner when defining business requirements and success criteria
- Negotiates competing requirements across business owners
- Sets project direction with senior business owners and delivery lead
- Knowledge of Project Management best practices (PMBOK), processes and tools, including: scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, resource management, procurement, change management, risks management, issues management
- Familiarity and experience with Agile, iterative methodologies
- Sees outcomes and direction when there are multiple business owners and solutions
- Builds in mitigation plans anticipating issues and risks
- Actively re-plans with business owners and delivery teams and resets expectations throughout project delivery
- Uses technical and business / acumen to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Execute goal setting and alignment with business owners and senior leaders
- Contribute to operational alignment
- Prepares executive communications to be presented to the CIO
- Is seen as a thought leader by partners within IT and across the business
- Communication style builds confidence and alignment with the team
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 10+ years experience as an infrastructure project manager with experience leading large and complex cross-functional projects
- Impeccable communication and negotiation skills
- Tolerant of ambiguity and the flexibility to work well in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Effective problem solving skills with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
Nice to Have
- Experience with agile transformation in Enterprise environments
- Expertise with JIRA
- PMO or portfolio management experience in a technology setting
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile certification
- Vendor management experience
- Experience configuring indexes, index routing, retention policies, etc.
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Hardware experience and storage experience (SAN, NAS, etc.)
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!