San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -102019-4419
Our fast-growing San Francisco-based client is in need of a Sr. Program Manager with experience in Data Technologies for an exciting contract opportunity in San Jose.
- Manage IT project delivery across the Data Portfolio by ensuring the integrated solution delivers on the success criteria
- Build commitment with data delivery teams and business partners to effectively address project risks and issues
- Collaborate effectively with business and delivery partners to define requirements and success criteria
- Negotiate competing requirements across business owners and establish project direction with business leaders and delivery leads
- Bring knowledge of Project Management standard methodologies (PMBOK), processes and tools, including: scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, resource management, procurement, change management, risk management, and issues management
- Have familiarity and experience with Agile and other iterative methodologies
- Exhibit critical thinking by seeing outcomes and providing direction when there are multiple stakeholders and solutions
- Build in mitigation plans anticipating dependencies and risks, actively replan with business and delivery teams, and reset expectations throughout project delivery
- Demonstrate consultative skills in solving problems by using technical and business insight to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Execute goal setting with business owners and senior leaders and contributes to operational alignment
- Act as an authority by partners within IT and across the business and has a communication style that builds confidence and alignment with the team
- 8+ years managing complex transformation programs with multiple tracks; Data and Analytics transformation programs is a significant plus
- 5+ years of project managing experience in the areas of Enterprise Data management, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, and Advanced Analytics
- Tolerant of ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Very good interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of program management concepts
- Effective and creative in solving problems with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources needed to assist
- Eager to learn and excited to work on programs across the IT portfolio
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
Nice to Have
- Expertise with JIRA
- Experience transitioning teams from traditional to Agile delivery methodologies
- Familiarity with Tableau, DWH, Redshift, or Snowflake a plus
- PMO or portfolio management experience in a technology setting
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile experience or agile certification
- Vendor management experience
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!